The health and safety of our residents and employees is our top priority – now and always. To continue to uphold this throughout COVID-19, our full-time Health and Safety Specialist adapted our policies and procedures to ensure our building operations and communities remain safe. We spoke with Colin to answer some of your questions below!
Q: How is Hollyburn maintaining safe communities?
A: In hearing the early news regarding the Coronavirus, I immediately started preparing and making necessary changes to maintain the health and safety of our residents and employees. This included:
- Temporarily closing all shared amenity spaces (we’re excited to be starting a re-opening plan so residents can safely use these spaces again!)
- Implementing a strict Contractor Protocol and vetting all external trades to ensure they are following COVID-19 precautions.
- Establishing a Laundry Room Protocol
- Creating Move-In/Out Protocol
All of this was designed to practice safe social distancing and limited touch points. By acting quickly, following our Business Continuity Plan, and taking a comprehensive approach, we are proud to be getting through this together.
The introduction of Touchless Leasing and online tools, such as virtual tours and video conferencing, allows future residents to continue to rent with Hollyburn safely, too.
Q: What is significant about Hollyburn’s new Cleaning Protocol? How are you enforcing it?
A: Efficient and frequent cleaning is essential in keeping our communities safe. Therefore, I modified our Cleaning Protocol to use disinfectants previously approved for SARS and MERS and require our frontline teams to thoroughly disinfect all high-touch point areas twice a day at minimum. To enforce this, the teams submit daily logbooks and I conduct frequent building inspections, along with other members from the Hollyburn management team.
Q: What is Hollyburn doing to protect their employees?
A: All of the changes made work together to safeguard both our teams and our residents. However, we specifically ensure the safety of our employees by:
- Providing all frontlines with masks, gloves and proper personal protective equipment
- Closing all on-site offices and allowing remote working where possible
- Encouraging online communication via phone, email, or text to limit person-to-person contact.
- Promoting online rent payments via PAP.
Q: How can residents help?
A: The most important and impactful thing everyone can do right now is continue to practice physical distancing. Other effective precautions include:
- Regular and thorough hand-washing
- Frequent cleaning using a disinfectant solution
- Adhering to social distancing requirements and avoiding contact with others
- Limiting elevator rides to one household at a time
Thank you for working with us to keep our communities in good health. We continue to re-evaluate our policies to ensure Hollyburn is doing our part in providing safe places you can call home.