In light of the disastrous wildfire currently devastating Fort McMurray in Northern Alberta, and the necessary evacuation of thousands of Canadians, it is important to revisit your family’s Emergency Preparedness Plan.
May 1-7, 2016 is Emergency Preparedness Week in Canada. There are a variety of natural hazards and emergencies that vary from region to region. Find out about the risks in your area and how to prepare specifically for different situations on the Government of Canada website:
What does Hollyburn Properties do for Emergency Preparedness?
- Regular building inspections to ensure that non-structural hazards are minimized or eliminated.
- Administering and maintaining staff training for Emergency Response procedures.
- An established Emergency Operations Centre – a central command located at the Head Office responsible for coordinating our response to a set group of Team Leaders.
- Each building is equipped with an Emergency Supply Box with the following items:
- Battery operated AM/FM radio
- Blankets, space or fabric
- Fully-stocked First Aid kit
- Garbage bags
- Hand saws
- Light sticks
- Masking tape
- Nylon rope
- Plastic cups
- Screw drivers
- Toilet paper
- Work gloves, boots and goggles
Hollyburn’s “5 C’s” Action Plan:
Each individual resident is also responsible for the safety, well-being and preparedness of themselves, their families and their pets. Ensure you:
Don’t forget to acquire tenant’s insurance – including Earthquake Coverage. Hollyburn partners with Coast Capital Insurance in B.C. and Alberta for an exclusive 35% discount for our residents. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.888.517.7171 for a quote today.
With practical information and a plan, you and your family will feel more prepared.