We Are All in This Together. It is in times of uncertainty when community matters most. Now, more than ever, we must work together to protect the health of ourselves and our neighbours. #CommunityOverCOVID
How Can You Help?
Whenever you are outside of your apartment, it’s important to be mindful and give others space.
- Limit the amount of people in the elevator at a single time
- Follow our Laundry Room Protocol: only one person at a time, return to your suite while the machine is on, and do not remove other’s belongings.
- Avoid having non-essential visitors, entertaining or hosting gatherings during this time.
- Meet your delivery at the door. To limit the number of people coming in and out of our communities, please greet your deliveries at the building’s entrance.
- Pay your rent online or with pre-authorized payments.
Protecting your own health, means protecting the health of your neighbours.
- Stay home, practice social distancing and limit your contact with others
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing (with your arm or a tissue – NOT your hands)
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes with unwashed hands
- Regularly clean and disinfect high touch surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Follow all recommendations and mandates by the Canadian health authorities for your area
If you are sick, we request that you take appropriate measures to keep your illness contained.
- Stay home and self isolate immediately – this means no walks, no trips to the grocery store, and especially, no visitors.
- Contact your health care provider right away to seek advice
- Wear a surgical mask
NOTE: Symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
- Shortness of breath
Symptoms may show up 2 to 14 days after being exposed. If you are showing symptoms, call the public health authority immediately and follow their instructions.
Learn more and take a self assessment if you are concerned you may be infected.
We’ve compiled links to additional resources with information, updates, and advice related to the COVID-19 virus for your review:
- Live updates and risks by province and territory.
- Advice on how to be prepared from individuals to the workplace.
- Further information about the symptoms related to COVID-19 and what to do if you become ill.
- Here, you’ll find more information about how COVID-19 is transmitted and tips for prevention.
- Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. Learn how to cope with these feelings at the link above.
Paying Rent Procedures
You can sign up for PAP so that your rent is seamlessly deposited on the 1st of each month. This way, you don’t have to think about it or make any physical contact. Speak to your Resident Manager for details.
During this challenging situation, we are temporarily accepting VISA and credit card rent payments to help make it easy for you. If you’d like to pay your rent with your credit card, please contact your Property Manager directly.
We recognize that many of our residents may be experiencing financial hardship due to the impacts of COVID-19 on the economy and local businesses. Hollyburn is committed to working together with those who have had a reduction in hours or have become unemployed due to COVID-19 to ensure your housing is secure throughout this time of uncertainty.
As such, we have compiled a help guide to resources that residents may be eligible for on the blog.
Under the circumstances, our move-out process has changed to limit person-to-person contact and allow social distancing. Upon providing your notice to vacate, the Resident Manager will walk you through this new process step-by-step.
Our National Response Committee is here for you. Any COVID-19 concerns, questions, or inquiries should be sent to [email protected] and a Hollyburn representative will get back to you within 24 hours.