We are actively looking for a dynamic Resident Manager to provide on-site relief coverage at various buildings in midtown, Toronto.
- Shows suites and provides prospective Residents with an application if they are deemed a good fit for the building;
- Manages the rental process for Residents, which includes all the required paper work for the rental of suites, parking and/or storage lockers;
- Answers telephone inquiries regarding suites. Must become familiar with all physical aspects of an available suite (how many sq. ft., location, conditions, etc.), all aspects of the suite rental process (deposit, number of people, pets etc.), and the building amenities available;
- Treats applicants and Residents with courtesy and respect, communicates any problems or concerns to their managers or to the Head Office Team;
- Maintains a log book of daily activities;
- On a daily basis:
- Cleans laundry rooms, including washers, dryers, lint traps, sinks, counters, floors and removes trash;
- Vacuums the lobby and elevator, as well as cleans lobby windows, removes trash and old newspapers/flyers;
- Ensures all outside entrances to the building are clean and tidy;
- Inspects parking lots, and sweeps/tidies as required;
- Checks all floors for burned out lights, debris, and cleans as required;
- Performs frequent security patrols of the building;
- Becomes familiar with the fire alarm system, elevator, emergency generators and pool operations (if applicable);
- Analyzes emergencies and contacts the Property Manager when necessary;
- Prepares vacant suites for new Residents by completing necessary repairs, upgrades and/or cleaning and painting;
- Cautions Residents regarding complaints about excessive noise, disorderly conduct, or misuse of property;
- Maintains the building by performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
- Live on-site
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have good understanding of the English language. This includes both written and verbal communication skills;
- Some knowledge of building systems and building maintenance;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Presentation and sales skills are necessary to market suites to prospective Residents;
- Previous experience in housekeeping, common area cleaning would be an asset;
- Comfortable with basic accounting principles, handling cash;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Must have a basic set of tools, which Team Members are required to provide, that include: hammer, hacksaw, screwdriver set, putty knife, saw, pliers channel locks, cutting knife, cordless drill, wire cutters, tape measure, level 2’, and adjustable wrench;
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance. Resident Managers represent Hollyburn to our Residents and prospective Residents;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential;
- Be willing to learn and to work on any 5 consecutive days in the week:
- All Team Members will work 5 consecutive days and, depending on the location, this may include Saturdays and Sundays;
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends;
- Be physically able to carry out all necessary duties. All candidates must be physically able, at minimum, to paint and clean, including bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs;
- Must be a Resident of Canada or possess the appropriate documentation to legally work in Canada. All documentation must be current.
Hollyburn Properties offers accommodation, competitive wages and benefits. If you are interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] We thank all those who apply, but only qualified candidates may be contacted.