The Accountant contributes to Hollyburn’s goals by preparing and maintaining financial and business transactions, applying accounting principles that include work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes cash receipts for properties, including:
- Posting cash receipts;
- Reconciling account receivables with Resident Managers;
- Running A/R reports weekly for management;
- Informing Resident Managers of any NSF and updates the system.
- Processes Accounts Payable for all companies twice a month;
- Processes journal entries;
- Performs job costing for various projects;
- Potentially performs full cycle accounting;
- Effectively communicates financial information to Property Managers and provide financial and analytical assistance as needed;
- Generates rent roll for Residential properties, including:
- Updating rent increases;
- Following up with Resident Managers to ensure changes for rent roll are updated.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3-4 years’ experience accounting experience. Property Management and/or Yardi related experience would be an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills in Excel;
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing;
- Detail oriented with sound analytical skills;
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated and to take initiative;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential;
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing required, with an ability to explain financial concepts to non financial managers;
- Ability to work under pressure, with time constraints even as priorities change and urgencies intervene;
- Must have comprehensive working knowledge of all aspects of accounts payable, receivables and bank reconciliations.
Hollyburn Properties offers competitive wages and benefits, including extended health, vision and dental.
Hollyburn Properties Limited welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
If you meet the requirements and are interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] We thank all applicants who apply, but only those who are qualified may be contacted.