We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join our Renovation Team! We have 56 Residential Apartment buildings in Vancouver and we are constantly renovating and updating our suites to ensure we are the “best on the block.” If you enjoy using quality products, have attention to detail, like working in a team environment to ensure a finished product/suite you can be proud of – then we are the company for you! This is a salaried, full-time permanent position (40 hours a week).
- Performs drywall duties including framing, boarding, mudding, taping and sanding;
- Deconstructs areas as necessary for renovation;
- Paints interior walls and trim, dry-walling ;
- Installation & removal of parts, such as receptacles , switches and light fixtures;
- Installs bathtubs, tub surrounds, Kitchen & bathroom p-traps, pvc repairs, toilets, sinks, dishwashers and performs basic plumbing;
- Maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings (i.e. Window frames, fence & post repairs) ;
- Install , repairing, adjusting fire-rated heavy duty doors;
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Completion of High School Diploma;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of maintenance or related experience;
- Able to perform skilled construction and maintenance tasks such as drywall, basic plumbing and electrical;
- Training and experience in the safe use of power and hand tools;
- Able to be flexible, self-motivated and take initiative;
- Able to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential;
- Able to work and accomplish tasks without direct supervision;
- Able to plan and organize work efficiently and effectively;
- Able to perform physical work including bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs;
- Able to follow safe work procedures to keep self and others safe while operating various power and hand tools as well as handling hazardous chemicals;
- Able to work in variable environments including dust, warm or cold temperatures, etc.;
- Must have a vehicle and a valid B.C. Driver’s License (mileage will be provided).
- Must provide own tools
- Previous WHMIS training and experience working with hazardous chemicals;
If this position interests you and you meet the qualifications, please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates may be contacted directly.