We are looking for a fun, energetic Landscaper to join our Hollyburn Landscaping Team to ensure that all of our residential buildings have the “best on the block” curb appeal! Our Landscapers perform a variety of duties to maintain and enhance our property grounds, including: weeding, mowing, trimming, pruning, planting, snow removal, power washing, etc.
Other responsibilities include:
• Sustaining the grounds and gardens of various Hollyburn Properties;
• Cutting lawns using a hand mower or power mower;
• Trimming and edging around walks, flowerbeds, and walls using clippers, weed cutters, and edging tools;
• Pruning shrubs and trees to shape, and improving growth or removing damaged leaves, branches, or twigs using shears, pruners, or a chain saw;
• Spraying lawns, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides using a hand or automatic sprayer;
• Raking and bagging or burning leaves using a rake;
• Cleaning grounds and removing litter using a spiked stick or broom;
• Shoveling snow from walks and driveways, and spreading salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup;
• Planting grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs using gardening tools;
• Watering lawns and shrubs using a hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler systems;
• Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What we require from you:
• Completion of High School Diploma;
• Minimum of 1 year of landscaping or related experience;
• Ability to perform physical work including bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs;
• Ability to follow safe work procedures to keep self and others safe while operating various landscaping tools, equipment and hazardous chemicals;
• Ability to work in variable outdoor temperatures and climates;
• Training and experience in the safe use of power equipment including lawnmowers, weeders and hedge trimmers. Certification is required prior to operating a chainsaw;
• Must have a valid B.C. Driver’s License.
Hollyburn Properties Limited welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
If you’re looking to work outdoors and have some fun while you work, please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates may be contacted directly.