We are looking for a fun and energetic Landscaper to join our Hollyburn Landscaping Team to ensure that all of our residential buildings have the “best on the block” curb appeal! Our Landscapers perform a variety of duties to maintain and enhance our property grounds, including: weeding, mowing, trimming, pruning, planting, snow removal, power washing, etc.
There is a permanent (year round) and seasonal full-time position available.
Other responsibilities include:
- Sustaining the grounds and gardens of various Hollyburn Properties;
- Cutting lawns using a hand mower or power mower;
- Trimming and edging around walks, flowerbeds, and walls using clippers, weed cutters, and edging tools;
- Pruning shrubs and trees to shape, and improving growth or removing damaged leaves, branches, or twigs using shears, pruners, or a chain saw;
- Spraying lawns, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides using a hand or automatic sprayer;Raking and bagging or burning leaves using a rake;
- Planting grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs using gardening tools;
- Watering lawns and shrubs using a hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler systems;
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What we require from you:
- Completion of High School Diploma;
- Minimum of 1 year of landscaping or related experience;
- Ability to perform physical work including bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs;
- Ability to follow safe work procedures to keep self and others safe while operating various landscaping tools, equipment and hazardous chemicals;
- Ability to work in variable outdoor temperatures and climates;
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated and to take initiative;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential;
- Training and experience in the safe use of power equipment including lawnmowers, weeders and hedge trimmers. Certification is required prior to operating a chainsaw;
- Previous WHMIS training and experience working with hazardous chemicals;
- Must have a valid B.C. Driver’s License.
The salary for this position ranges from $17-19/hour, based on previous experience.
If you’re looking to work outdoors and having fun while you work, please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected]! We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates may be contacted directly.