The National Energy Manager contributes to Hollyburn’s strategic priorities by developing and maintaining Hollyburn’s Energy and Sustainability Program throughout the entire national portfolio of residential & commercial buildings. This individual will provide highly reliable utility data support to the Operations Group; by monitoring National energy usage of HVAC, boilers, air compressors, domestic water systems and providing recommendations for optimal efficiencies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Senior Management to identify key goals & initiatives, set targets for energy reduction and to monitor and verify results.
- Leads the deployment of utility sub-metering and implementation of national utility payment and data platform;
- Responsible for monitoring energy usage across the organization;
- Analyzing and implementing all new national energy initiatives and new technologies such as solar co-generation;
- Completing building energy audits, analyzing the results, and making suggestions on opportunities for efficiency improvements;
- Manage the Energy Management Software program (PULSE);
- Compiles and maintains all information and documentation relevant to all completed work (Logbook, change control, update drawings, files etc.);
- Have working knowledge of DDC (Direct Digital Controls);
- Determines the impact of required work, then communicates, coordinates with the Building Systems Manager;
- Works as part of a team with Property Managers, building staff and contractors to evaluate effectiveness of building systems in order to make continuous improvements;
- Assist with locating and diagnosing trouble in the building systems or equipment when required;
- Assist with Troubleshooting, repairs, and maintains all existing building systems equipment (i.e., zone valves, pumps, boilers, etc.) when necessary;
- Work with Procurement to create standards for energy efficient products as well as tendering for capital projects (ie. Boiler retrofit, high efficiency appliances, window upgrades, etc);
- Ensures that all work is performed in full compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and legislated safety standards;
- Keeping up to date with changes in Energy regulations provincially and federally, as well as industry standards for best practice;
- Create & maintain strong relationships with provincial utility providers (ie. BC Hydro, Fortis BC, IESO, Alberta Efficiency Alliance);
- Co-ordinate with Building Systems Manager for emergency and vacation coverage;
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in sustainability, engineering, or a related field; including one of the following: Certified Energy Manager or Sustainable Energy Management credentials such as BCIT SEMAC (Sustainable Energy Management Associate Certificate) or UBC Masters in Clean Energy
- Minimum 5-10 years of previous experience in energy efficiency audits and retrofits
- Minimum of 5-10 years of previous experience managing Energy Management Information systems (Yardi PULSE) is an asset;
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and solid communication skills to deliver results in a manner that is easy to interpret for others;
- Be familiar with various incentive programs offered by Federal, Provincial, Municipal and Utility providers
- Previous experience with hands-on experience in operating, maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting of complex systems such as: HVAC, boilers, air compressors and domestic water systems a definite asset;
- Proven track record on various energy management initiatives
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to read and interpret product/equipment specifications;
- Familiarity with software programs including Microsoft Office, Excel, PULSE, RET Screen, etc.;
- Good organization and communication skills;
- Must be able to be on call for emergencies;
- Hold a Sustainable Energy or Building Controls Management Certificate or Diploma
- Must have a vehicle and a valid B.C. Driver’s License (mileage will be provided).
If this position interests you and you meet the qualifications, please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates may be contacted directly.