The Construction Project Accountant contributes to Hollyburn’s goals by overseeing the performance construction project accounting and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will have an experienced real estate accounting background and possess exceptional organizational and time management skills combined with accounting experience related to new construction developments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Full cycle accounting
- Analyze, reconcile, balance and maintain accounting records – accounts receivable, accounts payable and cheque runs.
- Produce draw certificates for projects, ensuring all necessary documentation is provided, signatures obtained, statutory declarations and WSIB certificates
- Input and update project budgets, ensuring change orders and purchase orders are entered accurately and on a timely basis
- Monthly reporting to project partners, including ensuring accuracy of financial information, and completeness of cheques and invoices
- Review and track planning in multiple municipalities
- Coordinate project deliverables, assign cost and get accurate cost reporting
- Create and manage development proformas
- Ensure that accounts payable entries are paid in a timely manner and that all reasonable discounts are taken where applicable.
- Control master PO tracking list
- Oversee construction projects accounts payables & receivables.
- Reconcile and invoice Recoverable Costs on a monthly basis
- Maintain efficient and orderly construction accounting filing system.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An accounting degree from a Canadian institution
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, preferably in the City of Toronto
- Experience with construction drawings is required
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational as well as oral/written communication skills
- Previous experience creating and managing development proformas
- Prior experience building rental buildings is an asset
If this position interests you and you meet the qualifications, please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates may be contacted directly.