The full-time Cleaner contributes to Hollyburn’s goals by providing cleaning support at our residential apartment buildings in the Kerrisdale area. The Cleaner will work alongside the Resident Management team on-site to ensure that our properties are kept in an orderly condition.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attends to the cleaning of the common areas of the building to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety;
- Cleans the glass of front entrance doors, windows and elevator doors and push button panels on a daily basis;
- Cleans other glass surfaces of common areas at least weekly, or more often if required;
- Vacuums lobby carpets daily and other carpeted common areas at least weekly, or more often if required;
- Sweeps and hoses the garage floor as required;
- Sweeps and washes the boiler room floors weekly;
- Sweeps, washes and disinfects the laundry room and pool room floors weekly (if applicable);
- Dusts all fixtures and other areas where dust collects on a weekly basis, or more often if required;
- Washes and polishes all fixtures on a regular basis;
- Cleans all aspects of a residential suite (including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, balconies, etc.) either upon move-outs or during/after renovations;
- Shampoos carpets in common areas and/or suites on turnover, as directed by the Resident Manager;
- Collects all litter in the building and on the grounds on a daily basis, compacts all garbage in the container;
- Replaces all burned out light bulbs in common areas and cleans light fixtures as required;
- Sweeps external parking areas and walkways as required
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience in housekeeping, common area cleaning;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Be physically able to carry out all necessary duties.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance as a representative of Hollyburn to our Residents and prospective Residents;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential;
- Be a Resident of Canada or possess the appropriate documentation to legally work in Canada. All documentation must be current.
- Must have good understanding of the English language. This includes both written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work weekends and travel to different buildings
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License and a vehicle are required
Hollyburn Properties offers competitive wages and benefits. If you are interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply, but only qualified candidates may be contacted.