The full-time Cleaner contributes to Hollyburn’s goals by providing cleaning support at our residential apartment buildings in the West End and Downtown Vancouver. The Cleaner will work alongside the Resident Management team on-site to ensure that our properties are kept in an orderly condition.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attends to the cleaning of the common areas of the building to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety;
- Cleans the glass of front entrance doors, windows and elevator doors and push button panels on a daily basis;
- Cleans other glass surfaces of common areas at least weekly, or more often if required;
- Vacuums lobby carpets daily and other carpeted common areas at least weekly, or more often if required;
- Sweeps and hoses the garage floor as required;
- Sweeps and washes the boiler room floors weekly;
- Sweeps, washes and disinfects the laundry room and pool room floors weekly (if applicable);
- Dusts all fixtures and other areas where dust collects on a weekly basis, or more often if required;
- Washes and polishes all fixtures on a regular basis;
- Cleans all aspects of a residential suite (including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, balconies, etc.) either upon move-outs or during/after renovations;
- Shampoos carpets in common areas and/or suites on turnover, as directed by the Resident Manager;
- Collects all litter in the building and on the grounds on a daily basis, compacts all garbage in the container;
- Replaces all burned out light bulbs in common areas and cleans light fixtures as required;
- Sweeps external parking areas and walkways as required ;
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience in housekeeping, common area cleaning;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Be physically able to carry out all necessary duties.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance as a representative of Hollyburn to our Residents and prospective Residents;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential;
- Be a Resident of Canada or possess the appropriate documentation to legally work in Canada. All documentation must be current.
- Must have good understanding of the English language. This includes both written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License and a vehicle are an asset
Hollyburn Properties offers competitive wages and benefits. If you are interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] We thank all those who apply, but only qualified candidates may be contacted.