on Monday, February 01, 2016
Valentine’s Day is coming up – inspired to express your love by drawing and colouring? We’ve got the contest for you!
Since winter of 2014, Hollyburn Properties has been sponsoring seasonal Community Art Contests in partnership with the North Vancouver City Library as a fun and unique way for youth in the community to engage with Bridgewater, the first new rental high-rise in the City of North Vancouver in over 35 years.
Along with an amazing prize pack, contest winners will have their artwork publicly featured on Bridgewater signage during project development. The Bridgewater site, right next to City Hall on 14th and Chesterfield, receives a huge amount of foot traffic daily, and feedback from the community so far has been amazing!
The Valentine’s Day/Love themed contest runs from February 1st – February 29th, 2016. Grab a contest page and submit your entry at the North Vancouver City Library. There are three age categories (3-8yrs, 9-12 yrs, 13-18 yrs) and three chances to win!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the last Community Art Contest – Halloween. Check out the creative and inspiring winning artwork below:
Rory, age 13-18
Rowan, age 9-12
on Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Hollyburn Properties is committed to maintaining our rental apartment communities to the highest standard, ensuring residents feel safe, comfortable and taken care of in their homes. No one wants undesirable pests in their home. Unfortunately, in dense urban areas, this kind of issue can arise. As such, Hollyburn is proudly partnered with Solutions Pest Control to ensure any signs of unwanted critters are taken care of as soon as possible by a team of trained professionals.
Meet Jason, General Manager of Solutions Pest Control:
“Solutions Pest Control Ltd is a proud, locally owned pest control company with over 40 years of combined pest control experience. We specialize in services such as: bed bug treatment, rat removal, mouse control, ant treatment, silverfish removal & more. We are 'A+' rated with the BBB of BC, so you can be sure that remarkable service is just the beginning. Here are some friendly tips to help you keep your home pest free:
- DO NOT TRY AND D.I.Y. Please consider your safety (in using pesticides and other products), the environment, proper identification of species, and handling of infestations. Contact your resident manager immediately and leave it to the experts.
- Silverfish need heat and humidity, so a long term control plan should involve the reducing both.
- Cockroaches are a tropical insect who love warmth & grease. Focus on regular cleaning around the oven and behind the fridge to remove potential food sources.
- Good sanitation and a liquid baiting program will solve Pharaoh Ant infestations (small yellow ants). Never use sprays or cleaners - it actually makes it worse for you and your neighbours!
- Squirrels and birds love to eat nuts and seeds during the day, but after sunset, spilled food attracts rats and mice. Try not to feed wildlife near your home to avoid the unwelcome guests.”
It is Hollyburn Properties’ policy to respond to all maintenance requests within two business days. That's part of what makes us Certified Rental Buildings. Pest control inquiries are treated with high priority. If you suspect there might be pests in your rental apartment, it is your responsibility to contact your resident manager immediately. Swift action will ensure we can bring in Solutions Pest Control to take care of the situation A.S.A.P.
Thanks for reading, and remember, when in doubt – call the pro’s!
on Friday, January 15, 2016
It’s the start of a new year… is it time for a new apartment? Start what you’ve been thinking about for months – upgrade your lifestyle and move into a premiere Hollyburn suite in one of the best neighbourhoods in Toronto or Ottawa.
Join the Hollyburn Properties team this Saturday and Sunday, January 16th and 17th, from 10am-5pm at 3 rental open houses. Bonus: All day-of applicants are automatically entered into a draw to win a free iPad!
Here are the details:
10 Lamport Avenue, Toronto
647.496.6094 // firstname.lastname@example.org
- Penthouse – 1,500 sq. ft.
- 2- Bedrooms, 2- Bathrooms
- In-suite laundry
- Two private balconies
- Steel & granite finishes
- Feature skylight
- Certified Rental Building
Ideally situated in the heart of South Rosedale, this premium Toronto penthouse is located in a beautiful residential neighbourhood with quiet, tree-lined streets. In addition to being one of the most sought-after areas in Toronto, Rosedale is a hub for recreational activity, acclaimed for its top rated schools, beautiful parks, and streets abundant with retail amenities.
The exclusive neighbourhood is bordered by the Yellow Creek Forest Beltline to the north, Yonge Street to the west, Bloor Street to the south, and Bayview Avenue to the east – boasting a wide range of nearby businesses including Starbucks, Whole Foods, and Summerhill Market.
235 Bay Street, Ottawa
613.604.9772 // email@example.com
305 Metcalfe Street, Ottawa
613.686.2083 // firstname.lastname@example.org
- Studios from $950, 1- Bedrooms from $1,050, 2- Bedrooms from $1,550
- Fitness centre
- Heat & hot water included
- On-site resident managers
Surrounded by the eclectic mix of shops, schools, restaurants, and offices that run throughout Centretown, these two properties offer quality residences in the heart of the nation’s capital. The Rideau Canal, Parliament Hill, war museum, and ever popular Byward Market are all within walking distance, and, for destinations further away like the University of Ottawa or Carleton, the buildings are on every main bus route and offer easy access to transit.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Let’s be honest, your personal wellness probably took a back seat over the past holiday season. If it wasn’t the cheese platter or cookie tray, the stress of endless social engagements and traveling during the busiest time of the year has likely thrown you out of your routine and off of your game.
But – New Year, New You. Right?
January is often a time of goal setting for the year ahead. That goal might look a lot like the gym right about now, and that’s why Hollyburn has partnered with YYoga, a premiere yoga and fitness studio with 13 locations in Vancouver and Toronto. We’re offering our residents an exclusive discount to kick-start their new years resolutions. It’s called our Value-Added Partners Program, and it's a perk of living with Hollyburn.
YYoga believes that through the practice of yoga, they “ultimately create happier, healthier people, connected to themselves and others.” The core of the YYoga formula starts in the studio with a variety of 12+ yoga styles including Hatha, Power, Flow, Yin, Restorative, Core and their signature YHot. The offering expands beyond yoga with fitness classes like YRide, YFit and TRX. Incredible amenities such as an infrared sauna, mat and towel service, complimentary organic shower products and herbal tea should not be overlooked. The YYoga experience truly feels like a spa or private club membership.
Visit the Value-Added Partners page for a downloadable bar code and to take advantage of other deals and discounts!
on Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Last night’s 4.3 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Sanich was felt across most of Vancouver’s Lower Mainland. Just before midnight, the seismic activity shook, rattled and creaked homes and woke people from their sleep. While no significant damages, power outages, or injuries have been reported, the event is certainly a wake-up call for those living near the Juan the Fuca plate.
It is important to be prepared for an earthquake in Vancouver, for as we all know, “The Big One” is due for the fault line between Northern Vancouver Island and California.
What does Hollyburn Properties do for Emergency Preparedness?
- Regular apartment building inspections to ensure that non-structural hazards are minimized or eliminated.
- Administering and maintaining staff training for Emergency Response procedures.
- An established Emergency Operations Centre – a central command located at the Head Office responsible for coordinating our response to a set group of Team Leaders.
- The 5 "C's" Action Plan: Command - Control - Communication - Coordination - Containment.
- Each rental apartment building is equipped with an Emergency Supply Box with the following items:
- Battery operated AM/FM radio
- Blankets, space or fabric
- Fully-stocked First Aid kit
- Garbage bags
- Hand saws
- Light sticks
- Masking tape
- Nylon rope
- Plastic cups
- Screw drivers
- Toilet paper
- Work gloves, boots and goggles
Each individual resident is also responsible for the safety, well-being and preparedness of themselves, their families and their pets. Here is a list of tips on what to do before, during and after an earthquake:
- Have a family disaster plan. Designate a meeting place and methods of contact.
- Secure heavy furniture.
- Place breakable objects down low.
- Acquire tenant’s insurance – including Earthquake Coverage. Hollyburn partners with Coast Capital Insurance in B.C. and Alberta for an exclusive 30% discount for our residents. Please e-mail email@example.com or call 1.888.517.7171 for a quote today.
- Have an emergency kit ready to go (near an exit door) with supplies to last for a minimum of 72 hours. Top 10 essentials:
- Water (at least two litres of water/person/day)
- Food (canned and dried)
- Manual can opener
- Crank or battery-powered flashlight (and extra batteries)
- Crank or battery-powered radio (and extra batteries)
- First aid kit
- Extra keys to your car and house
- Cash in smaller bills
- A copy of your emergency plan and contact information
- Prescription medication, infant formula, equipment for people with disabilities, or food, water and medication for your pets or service animal
For more advice on what to do during an earthquake and after, please visit the City of Vancouver’s website.